Safety and Security
Terms and ConditionsOur Terms & Conditions can be downloaded here.
Code of ConductWe deliver our services under the legally binding Code of Conduct for Sworn Interpreters and Translators in the Netherlands. The official publication (in Dutch) can be found here.
Confidentiality and Security for your documentsWe are well aware of the importance of confidentiality of documents our customers entrust to us for translation or reviewing. We have therefore taken the necessary steps in this regard and have adopted suitable procedures:
- All persons who work with your documents (whether inside or outside our offices) are bound to strict confidentiality (cf. articles 2.4 and 2.5 of our Terms & Conditions).
- We recommend the use of strong encryption of confidential documents. An unencrypted e-mail attachment is tantamount to sending a postcard without an envelope. You may want to take a look at www.password-crackers.com or www.lostpassword.com.
- MS Word/Excel 2007/2010/2013: reasonably secure
- MS Word/Excel 2003: moderately secure
- MS Word/Excel 97/2000: can be cracked (decrypted) instantly.
- WinRAR 3.0 or better using 256-bit-AES encryption - very high security (as long as the archive contains only a single file)
- WinZIP 8.0 or better using 256-bit AES encryption - high security
- dsCrypt 1.10 or better using 256 bit AES encryption - high security, freeware, no installation needed and very easy to use
- We shred all paper documents after settlement of the invoice.