TEKSToTAAL® was founded by its owner on 1 January 1983. Since then we have translated/reviewed some 65,000 pages on a wide range of subjects for more than 500 clients.
Our customers include lawyers and solicitors, notary publics, companies, universities, and research institutes, as well as other professional translators who have their translations reviewed by us.
In cases where our in-house processing capacity might prove insufficient we can rely on a select group of external translators. We do however not use external/public translation services or repositories such as Google Translate which could compromise the confidentiality of the client's material.
About the ownerDr. Christoph Bouthillier studied at the universities of Innsbruck and Utrecht. He has worked as a sworn translator for German, Dutch and French since 1979 and is registered in the Dutch register of sworn interpreters and translators (Rbtv) under no. 2188.
- Nederlands Genootschap van Tolken en Vertalers (NGTV; Dutch Interpreters and Translators Association)
- Vereniging Zelfstandige Vertalers (VZV; Dutch Association of Freelance Professional Translators)
PublicationsMr. Bouthillier has had more than 330 contributions published in the NGTV and VZV newsletters, and is the author of De Kantoorverhuizing - Een praktische handleiding voor bedrijven en instellingen (Moving Office - A practical guide for businesses and institutes), 5th edition 2004.
- 1989-1996: Co-founder and administrator of the NGVBBS, the Bulletin Board System of the NGV (the former name of the NGTV) - a forerunner of the Internet;
- 1990-1993: Head of the Committee for New Technologies of the Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs / International Federation of Translators (FIT-IFT); recommendations for setting up worldwide database of interpreters and translators;
- 1992-1994: Author/editor of a completely restructured edition of the printed translators guide ('Vertalersgids') of the NGV (now NGTV);
- 1992: Initiator and - together with Leo Rolls of Roelofs - developer of the To*Ver*Gids software, the digital version of the NGTV members' directory, which is still in use today;
- 1994: Initiator and - in collaboration with Saša Svitlica / Red Monkeys - author of Global Talk, a PDA program created at the request of Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland (Dutch Refugee Relief Association) to facilitate communication between people speaking different languages;
- 1993 and 2005-2008: Member of NGTV committees for the preparation of the new Dutch Sworn Interpreters and Translators Act (Wet beëdigde tolken en vertalers) which became law on 1 January 2009, replacing the previous act which dated from 1878 (Wet beeëdigde vertalers);
- 1998-today: Developer of various, mostly language-related software.
Disclaimer: We cannot be held accountable for the content of (links to) external websites.